This electric green smoothie is like an herbal lemonade with a mango boost. After a winter of eating frozen vegetables, this drink kickstarts our spring and summer fresh veggie binge.
Here’s what makes this simple healthy smoothie so good for you:
- 2 cups water Flush out toxins and stay hydrated
- 3 cups fresh parsley A rich source of antioxidants and good amounts of vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin K, folate, iron, calcium, and potassium. This is where the smoothie’s cleansing power comes from
- 1 cup frozen mango Loaded with 20 different vitamins and minerals (but is especially high in vitamin C), high in antioxidants, and contains a good amount of fiber
- 1 banana A good source of fiber and vitamins (especially b6), and the key ingredient for getting a creamy consistency
- juice of 1 lemon High in vitamin C, which is the primary water-soluble antioxidant in the body. It has powerful antioxidant effects, is a natural cleanser, helps assist liver function, promotes healthier skin, and soothes respiratory issues
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds -Contains an excellent ratio of healthy omega fats, protein, and fiber